Carbon monoxide can be produced by ANY combustion appliance, including your household boiler, oven hob and gas fire. Here at RCB Plumbing, we think this fact is reason enough for you to service your gas appliances NO LESS frequently than once a year, particularly when you consider that you can’t see, taste or smell ‘CO,’ but it can kill quickly and without warning.
CO – The Silent Killer
In fact, government figures show that every year around 15 people die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or that are poorly ventilated. For victims who are not killed by it, this colourless toxic gas can inflict paralysis and brain damage where the person breathed it in over a long period.
Symptoms of CO poisoning
All are easily confused with food poisoning, viral infections flu or fatigue. They include: